Indice del forum

Forum dei Tabaccai

Un posto dove parlare di problemi dei tabaccai

PortalPortale  blogBlog  AlbumAlbum  Gruppi utentiGruppi utenti  Lista degli utentiLista degli utenti  GBGuestbook  Pannello UtentePannello Utente  RegistratiRegistrati 
 FlashChatFlashChat  FAQFAQ  CercaCerca  Messaggi PrivatiMessaggi Privati  StatisticheStatistiche  LinksLinks  LoginLogin 
 CalendarioCalendario  DownloadsDownloads  Commenti karmaCommenti karma  TopListTopList  Topics recentiTopics recenti  Vota ForumVota Forum

On your first glance at the Influentials Network home page
Utenti che stanno guardando questo topic:0 Registrati,0 Nascosti e 1 Ospite
Utenti registrati: Nessuno

Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> argomenti vari
PrecedenteInvia Email a un amico.Utenti che hanno visualizzato questo argomentoSalva questo topic come file txtVersione stampabileMessaggi PrivatiSuccessivo
Autore Messaggio
Mims

Appassionato
Appassionato

Iscritti

italy
MessaggioInviato: Mer Nov 20, 03:40:38    Oggetto:  On your first glance at the Influentials Network home page
Descrizione:

On your first glance at the Influentials Network home page
Solo gli utenti registrati possono vedere i link!
Registrati o Entra nel forum!
, you won't see anything all that special. You'll see some links to blog items down the left-hand side labeled "Top Items", and some smaller links to the right labeled "New Item Finder". It looks like a hundred other blog aggregators being released nowadays... no big deal, right?

But the political news site is more special than it appears. Influentials Network is an aggregator that accurately shows what topics are coursing through the political mediasphere veins at any given moment. What makes it special is that it is much more accurate than other aggregators. Hundreds of sites aggregate news and blog feeds, but few are able to glean what's most relevant. Many are able to find the most popular topics of the moment
, but most can't get rid of the unpopular topics. The ability to show only what's new and being talked about, while hiding what's not, is the advantage that Influentials Network has. It's a single page of highly relevant information.

It's a challenge being taken up by many developers. Technorati has its popular page. Icerocket has "Hot Topics" listed across the top of its results pages. Bloogz has its ranking page. Bloglines has it most popular links page. All of these services are trying to do the same thing: show what's going on right now.

So why are developers focusing so much on aggregating? Why are they building search engines for blogs? Well, I think it's because we're living in an attention economy
, and so optimizing our systems to provide people with the latest interesting news becomes an obvious way to get attention. Getting people's attention is easiest when we can already see what many are paying attention to. If the high profile bloggers are paying attention to something, then everyone else probably will, too.

The Real Challenge: Filtering

The real challenge, and thus a crucial skill of Web 2.0
, is filtering out noise. Finding just the right algorithm to parse through hundreds or thousands of feeds and decide what topics are really worth paying attention to is not easy. It's like being in a stadium of screaming people and trying to figure out what conversations are the most important.

Influentials Network takes a slightly different approach to filtering than sites like Technocrat or Bloglines. Instead of trying to index anything and everything like those two do, Influentials Network starts with a relatively small set of political news sites and bloggers and then branches out to other traditional and social media sources. This is an efficient way of keeping down the noise while also catching most of what is important.

Looked at in a slightly different way, Influentials Network is a political news ranking system. It ranks and recommends what Politics news to read. In the old media, the most important services of the newspapers and the nightly news were to recommend to us what we pay attention to (note that I'm using the past tense here). It makes great recommendations of what to read.

Of course
, the Web as Platform doesn't filter by itself. Simply having a bunch of content from which to draw doesn't do that much for us other than provides an exciting opportunity. With no effort in filtering we're left with simple aggregation services that copy everything, word-for-word, the wheat and the chaff. With more effort in filtering we have valuable Latest political news filters like Influentials Network that can pinpoint the important content and hide the rest.

Report this article

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines is the national carrier of the Netherlands commonly called as just KLM Airlines. Headquartered in Amstelveen, Amsterdam
, its main hub is at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol that offers its flight service for 90 destinations around the world. If you want to be the part of some of the famous destinations covered by KLM Airlines, you need to get KLM Airlines booking that could be done either from the official website or any of the travel portals. Established in 1919, KLM is the oldest airline in the world that still operates with its original name. If you are considering Gulf Air tickets to fly to certain destinations of the world then this choice is also worth as we can see what all it has to offer to its passengers.

Gulf Air is one of the oldest carriers of the Middle East and also the national airline of the Kingdom of Bahrain. Gulf Air is one of the major flyers in the world with loads of experience in flying till date. One could fly to over 45 destinations across 28 countries with Gulf Air tickets. Then there is KLM we are talking about that has been serving from Europe for quite a time. As it is known for offering reliable service, on-time performance and state-of-the-art passenger amenities
, one could hardly regret the decision of choosing to fly with KLM Airlines booking among others.

Founded on October 7, 1919, KLM is one of the oldest carriers of the world that is still functioning with its same name it carried during its inception. KLM merged with Air France making Air France-KLM Group but operating with old names. Become a part of it by KLM Airline booking and see if it makes any difference. Gulf Air started in the 1940's as an air taxi service to Doha and Dhahran from Bahrain but was later expanded to a private share holding company under Gulf Aviation. Get Gulf Air tickets and experience their way.

KLM Airlines has to offer passenger and cargo flight services that cover over 90 destinations across the world. Over all it coves around 125 destinations worldwide. Currently, you can fly with KLM Airlines booking in any of the 114 aircraft KLM Airline fleet has. KLM fleet contains aircraft from Airbus
, Boeing and McDonnell Douglas MD-11 families. If we consider Gulf Air, .
Torna in cima
Profilo Messaggio privato
Adv

MessaggioInviato: Mer Nov 20, 03:40:38    Oggetto: Adv

Torna in cima
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> argomenti vari Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: