Indice del forum

Forum dei Tabaccai

Un posto dove parlare di problemi dei tabaccai

PortalPortale  blogBlog  AlbumAlbum  Gruppi utentiGruppi utenti  Lista degli utentiLista degli utenti  GBGuestbook  Pannello UtentePannello Utente  RegistratiRegistrati 
 FlashChatFlashChat  FAQFAQ  CercaCerca  Messaggi PrivatiMessaggi Privati  StatisticheStatistiche  LinksLinks  LoginLogin 
 CalendarioCalendario  DownloadsDownloads  Commenti karmaCommenti karma  TopListTopList  Topics recentiTopics recenti  Vota ForumVota Forum

Fun & Easy Ways to Help Your Family Set Goals For the Ne
Utenti che stanno guardando questo topic:0 Registrati,0 Nascosti e 0 Ospiti
Utenti registrati: Nessuno

Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> argomenti vari
PrecedenteInvia Email a un amico.Utenti che hanno visualizzato questo argomentoSalva questo topic come file txtVersione stampabileMessaggi PrivatiSuccessivo
Autore Messaggio
Mims

Appassionato
Appassionato

Iscritti

italy
MessaggioInviato: Mer Nov 20, 03:12:28    Oggetto:  Fun & Easy Ways to Help Your Family Set Goals For the Ne
Descrizione:

Fun & Easy Ways to Help Your Family Set Goals For the New Year Family Articles | December 31
Solo gli utenti registrati possono vedere i link!
Registrati o Entra nel forum!
, 2003
A New Year ? A New ... ... for January besides the usual diet ... The start of the calendar year is a ... time to ... life and new ... It is no wonder so ma

A New Year ? A New Beginning

Here?s something for January besides the usual diet promises. The start of the calendar year is a wonderful time to celebrate life and new beginnings. It is no wonder so many of us choose this time to set goals for ourselves.

Most of us define goals as objectives that are within our control to obtain. Wishes, on the other hand, are our hopes and our dreams. It might seem impractical, but we still throw pennies into fountains and long for our wishes to come true. Here
, we offer a different take on the standard New Year?s resolutions. Introduce your family to goal setting in a fun, child-friendly way.

Begin at dinner by discussing your own wishes and asking other family members to do the same. Give everyone a day or two to organize their thoughts, then gather in the room where your family feels most comfortable and begin to write. Let each person write as much (or as little) as they want. Leave a piece of paper on the breakfast table or in the car in case someone is suddenly inspired.

Remember that dreams are very personal. Encourage everyone to share ideas without adding the slightest criticism or suggestion. Let your enthusiasm motivate you. By writing and sharing your dreams you make them real. Often, the greatest reward is not the destination but the journey itself. This New Year commit to building your own family traditions.

Here are three ways to help families visualize their goals:
1. Create a wishing tree. Have family members inscribe thoughts on colorful ribbons. Tie the ribbons to a barren winter tree. Listen to the ribbons whisper their messages as they flutter in the wind.

2. Cast your wishes to the wind. Using a permanent marker
, write your goals on Mylar pinwheels. Place them in a bank of snow and declare your goals to the world.

3. Greet New Year?s guests with good wishes for the coming year. Write your resolutions or greetings on small slips of paper and package them in empty walnut shells along with small chocolates. Place a bowl of these diminutive gifts near the front door or at the end of a buffet line for a surprise treat.

Please feel free to publish the following article. Requirements For Reprint: Complete Article with no changes and includes the following byline and active link at the bottom of each article:
About the Authors: Rondi Hillstrom Davis and Janell Sewall Oakes are the co-authors of the award winning book Together: Creating Family Traditions. To check out their website that's jam packed with family ideas, visit

A courtesy copy of the publication this article is included in would be appreciated.

Copyright 2004 NineTwentyPress

For more than 20 years, I have taught the Leadership Talk to thousands of people worldwide. And maybe the most important thing I've taught isn't about talking -- at least the leader's talking.

I've taught there is a hierarchy of verbal persuasion. The lowest levels, the least effective
, are speeches and presentations. The highest levels, the most effective, are Leadership Talks.

I've taught that speechespresentations communicate information; Leadership Talks, on the other hand
, have leaders establish deep, human, emotional connections with audiences -- indispensable in achieving great results.

Of course, the Leadership Talk is by definition about talking. But often there's a more effective dynamic to employ: listening. Not passive listening -- but listening for one purpose
, so the other person gives you your Leadership Talk.

After all, it's not what you say that's important in a Leadership Talk but what your audience does after you have had your say.

And if they do the best thing not after you speak but after you listen, then you have given one of the most effective Leadership Talks of all -- a Listening Leadership Talk.

The Listening Leadership Talk focuses on what other people are invariably interested in, themselves. (Who isn't interested when they themselves are talking?) But here's the key: their simply talking is useless to your leadership. It is only useful when their talk is the talk you need for them to give.

Moving people from talking their talk to talking your talk -- and ultimately walking your walk --is the art of the Listening Leadership Talk.

Here are a few tips to make it happen.

(1) Use question marks. Asking questions encourages people to reflect upon and talk about the challenge you face. After all
, we can't motivate anyone to do anything. They have to motivate themselves. And they best motivate themselves when they reflect on their character and their situation and are also given the opportunity to talk about their reflections.

You may not like what they say; but often their answer is better in terms of advancing their motivation and your results than your full-stop sentence.

Furthermore, their answer may prompt them to think they have come up with a good idea. People tend to be less enamored of your ideas than they are of their own.

However, be aware of the difference between asking a question of somebody and questioning them. When asking a question, you communicate you're interested in the answer the person wants; when questioning
, you communicate you're interested in the answer you want. And if the people you are interacting with think you are there not for them but for yourself, you damage the environment a Listening Leadership Talk can thrive in.

(2) Create a critical convergence. This will help you avoid the "herding cats" syndrome. O.
Torna in cima
Profilo Messaggio privato
Adv

MessaggioInviato: Mer Nov 20, 03:12:28    Oggetto: Adv

Torna in cima
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> argomenti vari Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: